For help or to report an issue, please select “Menu > Help > Contact Us” within the app to quickly send a support request.
* 2.6.3: Fix W&B saving issue
TIP – Track Log is automatically started and stopped based on Airborne Threshold and Landing Decision Delay setting in Preferences. Optionally, tap the Flight Timer in the Flight Plan Tab to start or stop Track Log manually. Manual Flight Timer operation is not possible while airborne or when GPS position is not available.
* 2.6.1: NEXRAD is back (Please select Update Airports DB); Flight Plan Briefing fixes; A few tweaks.
* 2.6.0: Fix weather update issue; Flight Plan Filing tweaks; A few bug fixes while we’re at it.
* 2.5.9: ICAO flight plan filing upgrade; Add Outlook option in Layers Tab; A few tweaks and bug fixes.
* 2.5.8: End support for Android devices deprecated by Google (older than 5.1); Fix track log upload issue; List additional supported ADSB devices; A few bug fixes.
* 2.5.7: Fixed wallpaper issue; minor tweaks; This is the last release supporting Android older than 5.1.
* 2.5.6: Contains backend migration issue fixes, updates and tweaks; several bug fixes.
* 2.5.4-2.5.5: Fixed weather update issue; bug fixes.
* 2.5.3: Oil rigs and bug fixes (Oil rig info will be visible with next database update).
* 2.5.1-2.5.2: Bug fixes and performance improvements.
* 2.5.0: Ask for required location, phone and storage permissions on startup; live wallpaper tweaks; Require Android 4.1 and up; optimizations and a plethora of bug fixes (These fixes address several GPS, zoom, storage, download, TFR, W&B, ADSB and other specific issues reported from users.)
* 2.4.9: Added user configurable preference for automatic start and stop of track log (Airborne Threshold, Landing Decision Delay); security updates; performance updates; awesome bug fixes.
* 2.4.7-2.4.8: DroidEFB now integrated with AOPA Flight Planner; Performance improvements.
* 2.4.5-2.4.6: Activate best leg when inserting, appending or deleting waypoints; Fix disappearing course rhumb line; Just a couple more routine bug fixes.
* 2.4.4: QuickWeather app is now subscription free; QuickWeather caches and displays airnav.com airports for offline use; Launch DroidEFB with flight plan from html link; Add preference “airborne speed threshold”, used to stop/start Track Log; Streamline install for new users; Several other tweaks and bug fixes.
* 2.4.2-2.4.3: Toggle translated or raw METAR and TAF; Long press METAR or TAF to report translation issue; Add graphical charts to depict METAR history; Add User Waypoints directly from Preferences; Bug fixes.
* 2.4.1: Added UTM and MGRS coordinate support; Added option to touch coordinates displayed on InfoBox or Airports tab and copy to clipboard; Added “Share Flight Plan …” to Flight Plan Tab; Convert user defined waypoints to coordinates when filing flight plan; Added ability to import/export user waypoints via csv file; Match waypoint coordinates to user waypoints on import; Added time info to pinch/zoom; tweaked METAR transparency; Added menu option to select States/Territories by region; bug fixes.
* 2.4.0: Added new QuickWeather feature – tutorial located at droidefb.com/quick-weather; Allow long press of airport to add arrival (STAR), departure (DP), and transitions; Added option to zoom to flight plan leg; Fixed blue tint that sometimes appeared on charts; A few bug fixes and performance improvements
* 2.3.9: Implement beta channel; Fix TAF display; Added “Show/Hide NOTAMs” button on airport tab; Optimizations; Fixes; Improvements.
* 2.3.8: Added rings (time or distance) to Layers Tab; Bug fixes.
* 2.3.7: Implemented Aviation Forecasts graphic on airport Weather tab (textual Area Forecast no longer available except for Hawaii, Caribbean and Alaska – aviationweather.gov/areafcst); Added “Show/Hide METAR history” button on weather tab; Fixed waypoint entry and deletion issues; Better handling of public WiFi connections.
* 2.3.6: Improved app startup time; Fixed issue causing images not to display on Weather tab (Area forecast will still report “not available” – fix is in the works); Fixed issue experienced by some users where Logbook or Pilot data may disappear; Fixed erroneous “mock locations” prompt; Fixed database update issue where app may have needed to be restarted to complete update; Fixed issue where app may start but no charts visible; Additional performance tweaks; Bug fixes.
* 2.3.4 – 2.3.5: Tweaks; Bug fixes; Performance improvements; Only display obstacles within 10 min flight time from current position.
* 2.3.2 – 2.3.3: Improved waypoint entry auto-suggest; added arrival (STAR), departure (DP), and transitions to waypoint auto-suggest; auto-correct if entering STAR, DP or victor airway without period; bug fixes.
* 2.3.1: Beta Dynon ADSB support; Beta Lynx ADSB support; Flight Plan Tab waypoint entry improvements; Points of Interest (POI) searches completed explicitly from POI Search icon; Update flight timer label to “TO” (takeoff) or “FT” (flight timer) based on time mode; Update X-Plane tutorial URL; When tapping Find on details page, pick longest runway and shallowest turn; Fixed a few user waypoint edit issues; several other tweaks and bug fixes.
* 2.3.0: Added ChangeLog button to Help dialog; Optimized SIG/AIRMETs overlay; Display live wallpaper in night mode; Fixed issue where Zulu time may have been off by up to one minute; A few more tweaks and bug fixes thanks to user feedback!
* 2.2.9: Automatically cache weather for offline use for airports in Flight Plan Tab; Weather and overlays cache continue to update if running DroidEFB Live Wallpaper; Flight Plan legs and Direct-To sequence based on standard rate turn calculations; Search and Rescue (SAR) functionality improved; Fixed fuel update issue; Fixed sign in issue reported by some users; Better handling of Internet connection issues; Smarter Flight Timer (FT) in Flight Plan Tab; Added Zulu time display; Convert MPH to Knots in Brief/File Flight Plan; Additional tweaks, bug fixes and performance improvements.
* 2.2.8: Fixed issues with weather cache and improved performance; a couple changes for better flight plan behavior; more accurate DTK, XTK and HSI behavior; several other bug fixes.
* 2.2.7: This update is a social update instead of a software one. A member of our DroidEFB family lost his wife to ALS. We are grieving the loss and asking for contributions directly to ALS TDI to help research a cure for this cruel disease. We’ve added a Donate option to the main app menu. Thank you!
* 2.2.6: Optimizations, tweaks and bug fixes.
* 2.2.5: Fix day/night mode issue, bug fixes.
* 2.2.4: Significant updates to support new aviation weather website structure, Layers Tab items are are now cached for offline use, added animated radar to weather page, added progress bar to show progress of caching on weather page, removed unnecessary “DONE” button from details view, performance optimizations.
* 2.2.2 – 2.2.3: Android Studio IDE migration and beta testing.
* 2.2.1: Bug fixes.
* 2.2.0: Fix issue experienced by users with outdated charts and airport data.
* 2.1.9: Sensor Tab now indicates GPS and ADSB status when receiving data, don’t break up track log during touch and goes, fixed a few bug reported by users.
* 2.1.8: Fix issue where flying and losing GPS while in flight and having flight plan tab open causes undesired behavior.
* 2.1.7: XGPS190 support including AHRS, fixed Sky/Ground pointer behavior on PFD, added button in Track Log dialogue to view logs online.
* 2.1.6: Display all ADSB traffic even if stationary or if own position is unknown, add MoGas to weight and balance, fixed theming issue in preferences, minor tweaks based on user preference.
* 2.1.5: Share current and previous flights via social media apps installed on device (i.e. Facebook, Twitter, GMail, SMS), added track log menu, added logbook menu, preliminary support for Stratux AHRS, added labels to flight path waypoints, allow edits to logbook departure and destination, minor tweaks and improvements for added intuitiveness.
* 2.1.4: Points of interest are also searchable within Flight Plan Tab (Revised with release 2.3.1) (Internet connection required for street addresses and business names), Fixed crash reported with ADSB device, fixed issue where pilot info and track logs were not properly saved.
* 2.1.3: Easy SSID selection for connected third party devices, minor bug fixes.
* 2.1.2: Breadcrumbs and track prediction for ADS-B traffic, Breadcrumbs are stored in logbook, Long Press logbook entry to view flight, ADS-B traffic details are selectable via Layers Tab, ADS-B traffic alerting improvements, Position tracking auto resumes after delay, In app tutorial updated, Tutorial remembers last page viewed, Reported bug fixes.
* 2.1.1: Official support for Stratux ADS-B, dynamically draw SIG/AIRMET layers based on device performance, don’t display misleading “new version available” dialog, bug fixes.
* 2.1.0: Magnetic rose radius is displayed, fuel layer option added, METAR age progress bar coincides with minutes after hour since issuance.
* 2.0.9: Auto Logbook now properly recognizes airports, fixed METAR issue reported by Stratux ADSB users (may have affected other ADSB devices, also), coordinate format also applies to user waypoints.
* 2.0.8: Enter and view GPS coordinates in chosen format, POI Search now accepts coordinate searches, progress bar around METAR overlay to depict age, METAR progress bar turns AMBER if more than 60 minutes old, METAR progress bar turns red if more than 75 minutes old, METAR displays “?” indicating reporting station requires maintenance, radar images in WX view are scaled larger, pressure and density altitude calculations are displayed wherever a METAR is displayed, details view dynamically updates View and Find options based on GPS availability, removed background image from W&B and Nearest shortcuts.
* 2.0.7: Multiple bug fixes – some are rare but may have been experienced if using SAR, W&B, switching day/night modes, viewing notifications, running app as wallpaper, checking GPS. Additionally – prevented logging of flights less than 5 min long, prevented adding route section of a different flight from the flight log while in flight.
* 2.0.6: A few more bugs fixed associated with briefing.
* 2.0.5: Fixed crash, reported by some users, associated with briefing.
* 2.0.4: Reversed hobbs and tach columns on Auto Logbook when editing a flight, correctly compare Flight Plan and Flight Pad routes, fix known crash when launching Weight and Balance tool from shortcut.
* 2.0.3: Receive filing/briefing notifications via www.1800wxbrief.com (Sign in or register for a free account) by enabling DroidEFB in the list of service providers (Flight Planning & Briefing tab > Service Provider), last brief cached for 12 hours, preliminary auto logbook.
* 2.0.2: Monthly Standard subscriptions now available via Google Play in addition to our website, restored additional options when long-pressing on chart, changed advisory notification icon from white to grey, fixed erroneous prompt stating that a newer Airports DB is available, additional tweaks for stability and bug reporting.
* 2.0.1: Fixed reported issue with purchases.
* 2.0: First DroidEFB production release.
* 1.10: BETA – Additional improvements to Flight Plan filing form, updated URL for users downloading app from www.droidefb.com, fixed dropdown for POI search, updated tutorial, updated EULA.
* 1.9.9: FlightPro is now flying under a new name, DroidEFB! To begin using the most up to date version of this application, please visit our website, www.droidefb.com or search “DroidEFB” in the Google Play Store. FlightPro may be uninstalled after installing DroidEFB – select Menu > Account Login to verify email and continue using your already purchased subscription.
* 188.8.131.52: Properly handle ADSB traffic checkbox, prevent text wrapping, fixed bugs which may cause app to crash, prevent ADSB from causing crash when location is not present, fixed stuck application running notification, added check on flight plan form to make it more intuitive, runway highlight and runway selection in airport details is consistent, added PIREP to list when touching chart.
* 184.108.40.206: Updated download URL’s, closely spaced items are displayed in a list after touching chart, corrected ETE when using NM, moved scribbles functionality to main chart area, additional bug fixes.
* 220.127.116.11: Implemented annual subscriptions via Google Play – visit our website for additional information.
* 18.104.22.168: Select “Update Airports DB” followed by “Update Charts” for latest data compatible with this version, Android 5.0 – Lollipop compatibility and other bug fixes.
* 22.214.171.124: Fixed database download error reported by Android L users.
* 126.96.36.199: Various bug fixes, addressed forced close reported on Dell Venue when filing or briefing.
* 188.8.131.52: Fixed issue where some users reported erroneous Missing or Expired Charts notification.
* 184.108.40.206: Added persistent logins and downloads, additional bug fixes.
* 220.127.116.11: Fixed forced close experienced with some devices after last update.
* 1.9.8: Preliminary release of Helicopter and Grand Canyon Charts, better handling of notifications and logins related to network and login errors, added ability to delete individual items from recent documents, Nearest airport list view continuously updates based on proximity while open, DC SFRA layer is now optional, Obstacles layer is now optional, Brief/File dialog is accessible from Flight Plan Tab menu, planned TAS, ALT and ETE are automatically imported into the Brief/File dialog, RouteMinder is now less conservative per user feedback, added option to hide or show FBO details, several tweaks and performance enhancements.
* 1.9.7: Brief/File with Flight Service, RouteMinder checks route for charts needing downloaded, Brief/File dialog updated, Weight and Balance fields more user friendly, fixed force close when selecting “download all”, added parameter to nav status, a few more fixes and enhancements.
* 1.9.6: Integrated Weight and Balance, recent documents are listed at bottom of nav drawer, minor tweaks.
* 1.9.5: Display ADS-B altitude and trend information, SkyRadar DX and Pathfinder ADS-B support, AHRS is configurable for sky pointer or ground pointer, Number of recent documents is configurable, Subscription and data information is available under Menu > Help, DME and coordinates are properly interpreted by Flight Plan when filing, Distance measuring device lingers then fades after pinch/zoom, Long press layers tab to hide all layers for 5 min, TFR errors are now notifications, Implemented navigation drawer, FBO and Fuel pricing added to airport details, Fixed “Out of memory” errors reported on some devices, Reported bug fixes and more.
* 1.9.3 – 1.9.4: Reported bug fixes.
* 1.9.2: Fix reported crash on Nexus devices.
* 1.9.1: Fixed bug which prevented Nearest Airports shortcut from launching.
* 1.9.0: Minimum SDK compatibility, devices require Android 4.0 and up. Fixed various KitKat bugs. Added special use airspace. Updated tutorial. Improved performance with layers enabled. Auto day/night mode. Flight plans can be saved now, synced later. New UI. Fixed write to External SD issues. Various stability and security updates. NOTE: Chart and DB downloads on or after 3 April will take significantly longer due to the change to digital charts.
* 1.8.6: Fixed ADS-B crash. Improved METAR and NOTAM night mode display on airport details view. Fixed long-press on flight plan tab. Fixed issues reported on Google Play. Added full planner to Flight Plan Tab with altitude and wind aloft calculation. Addressed SD card selection for older devices.
* 1.8.5: Fixed all recently reported bugs affecting latest version. Long press flight plan tab to zoom and center planned route on selected chart. Select Chart/Function now displays on lower left of screen for small screen devices (temporary until navigation drawer is implemented).
* 1.8.4: User created waypoints are now synced between devices. Improved POI search results. Changed wording from “Reset Subscription” to “Account Login”. Improved appearance of pinch to zoom/measure. Addressed Android 4.4 updates. Moved “Sensors” button to tabs and improved tab appearance. Improved track prediction for fast movers. Added computations in Flight Plan tab for planning while not airborne. Updated in app tutorial. Flight Plan tab has option for displaying ETE/ETA as device, leg, zulu or cumulative time. Fixed issue where drawing pen may be obscured while writing or drawing on charts. Fixed force closes reported on Google Play. Stability and security updates.
* 1.8.3: _!!Reminder!!_ Google Wallet is making changes to their billing model. Automatic subscriptions will not renew after 20 November. Visit our website to start a new subscription after the current one expires. Added Google Auth Util permissions. Added ability to enter DME into flight plan tab, i.e: KHSV/270/10, RQZ/360/14, HOBBI/090/5. Stability and security updates.
* 1.8.2: Fixed issue with ASUS tablets running out of memory. Added “hide” for Finder warning (warning completely removed in later release). Fixed crashing on older HTC devices. Added “toggle” appearance for day/night, lock/unlock and center on airplane icons (continued action bar tweaks in subsequent releases). Added North Up/Track Up toggle to chart display.
* 1.8.1: Flight Plan displays distance/bearing between waypoints while on the ground; distances are relative to GPS while airborne. Drawing on charts now displays a toolbar for colors, undo, reset, and done rather than using a long press menu; the interface now exactly matches drawing on plates. Obstacles greater than 200′ AGL are displayed on the chart while airborne and zoomed in. Default to simple (colored icon) metar display rather than using weather icons. Simplified METAR display now uses cloud coverage symbols. Display date subscription expires when application is launched. Fixed compatibility problem with Android 2.2 and no longer support Android versions older than 2.2. Added ability to graphically display surface winds. Decluttered winds and METAR overlay for improved performance. Fixed Baron MobileLink support to adjust for oauth2 changes. Don’t complain about air/sigmet update problems when we aren’t logged into the server. Select “Reset Subscription” displays device accounts to choose. Tutorial updates.
* 1.8.0: Login no longer requires use of Integrated Browser; utilize Android device accounts. GPS notifications added. Remove “Track Position” from Main Menu; use GPS notification to turn off GPS globally. Allow free trial users to download more than 1 state worth of data. Limit Email activities to Email clients only and allow user to specify preference. Touch Main Menu > Help to Email support from within app or view Tutorial. Added dropdown list for Path to External Storage. Remember history for recently viewed plates. Dialogs now display in Android notifications. Display traffic pattern direction in FlightPad. Hide unavailable ADS-B layers. Fixed initial update menu to not display both airports db and chart options. Tutorial updated. Other optimizations, enhancements and updates.
* 1.7.2: Android notifications are now used to prompt users to login. Check signatures of scale 4/2/1 FPK files on download. During chart update, verify signature of all existing files which are being kept. Display small icon for procedures with georeference (when available and subscribed). Fix metar handling bug in barometer parsing which could cause ADS-B setups to crash. Touching a yellow highlighted airport in the flight plan now opens details for that airport instead of just centering the map on the airport. Add night mode for PFD. Additional PFD enhancements. Display whether Airports DB being downloaded has georef or no georef and subscription type. New NOTAMS are now shown as black on yellow instead of yellow on white. Lightning bolt icons now have a black border. Autobaro adjustment enhancements. Runway highlight is more intuitive; labels correspond to runway end. Coordinate display is user selectable in Preferences. Tutorial updates. When new metars arrive via ADS-B, highlight the airport in the flight plan and highlight the metar the next time it’s displayed. Fix map drawing to eliminate occasional black lines between panels. Other optimizations, enhancements and updates.
* 1.7.1: Fix InfoBox crash on Android 2.x. 01 June 2013, Paul Coleman Got Married. Add support for a PFD display based on iLevil hardware (roll, pitch, and slip). Barometer input now automatically adds the decimal point. Barometer and compass entries select the entire field when you select them so you don’t need to backspace to clear it before typing new values.
* 1.7.0: Geo-Referenced plates supported, starting 5/30/13 data cycle (See Tutorial — Requires Premium Subscription). ADS-B traffic enabled on supported devices. Direct-To, weather and details view moved to InfoBox. Added runway highlight feature to InfoBox. Changing font size in “Preferences” effects user waypoint labels. User waypoints may be entered in degrees.decimal, degrees:minutes:seconds, or minutes.decimal. Reworked finder view. Reworked details view. Added iLevil support. Plane shapes are user selectable. Weather view provides options for convective outlooks. Fixed bug with sequencing airways in Flight Plan. CONUS ADS-B images supported. Track-prediction is customizable under “Preferences”. Added METAR history. Track-prediction now works with flight sim. Many more ADS-B improvements and software enhancements.
* 1.6.22: Add support for ADS-B national radar image. Improved stability of ADS-B parsing code. Added support for new iLevil wifi ADS-B devices with access point support. ADS-B radar now displays “NEXRAD missing” if no radar information is available, otherwise the time of the oldest radar block displayed (even if some blocks are missing entirely).
* 1.6.21: Fix force close with some WIFI network situations; streamline sensors, ADS-B improvements
* 1.6.20: TFR details window displays TFR name in the title. Multiple fixes for improved TFR display. Allow GPS waypoints in flight plan with formats DD:MM:SS,DD:MM:SS and DD.MM.mm,DD.MM.mm. Destination runway centerlines have 1 nm spaced distance markers (5nm and 10nm markers are 1 nm wide). CDI uses standard scaling. Track prediction shows where aircraft will be in 60 seconds. Added sensor setup dialog (appears if compass or barometer is selected in Preferences). Compass automatically syncs during acceleration. External storage path no longer reset after device reboot. Updated in-app tutorial. Pull altitude from NMEA string. Ghost menu items unavailable without Internet. Various minor bug fixes.
* 1.6.19: Fix TFR’s to support multipoint shapes. Make “Track Position” be a checkbox for clarity. Updated in app Tutorial. Display bearing during pinch zoom. CDI scaled to 5nm. Destination runway centerlines scaled to 10nm. Disable print with no network. Hide NOTAMs if unable to retrieve or empty. Display traffic pattern direction in InfoBox. Fixed XGPS170 connectivity issues. Other minor bug fixes.
* 1.6.18: Fix crash when viewing plates from Flight Pad. Drawing on plates no longer needs long touches. Improve plate display.
* 1.6.17: Added ability to draw on approach plates, afd entries, and minimums. Added color to scribbles on flight pad.
* 1.6.16: Display NOTAMS on airport details page for Internet weather and ADS-B weather. Add ability to draw on map (long press context menu). Add ability to print charts and AFD (HP Print App). Fix a few bugs and a crash associated with pinch zoom.
* 1.6.15: Improve POI display (Direct-To now works too!). Fix statue miles distance display. Draw line between touch points on pinch to zoom (which also shows the line whose length is displayed). Display coordinates on InfoBox. Make airplane transparency/opacity selectable in preferences. Remove notation of “NOT FOR NAVIGATION” from charts/procedures list only. Beta support Garmin GLO
* 1.6.14: Add distance display during resize operations. Add beta support for XGPS170 ADSB/WAAS GPS Bluetooth Receiver.
* 1.6.13: Prevent force close on certain devices which don’t like ADS-B code.
* 1.6.12: Don’t check METARs until we have confirmed our cookie. Display altitudes for PIREPs.
* 1.6.11: ADS-B Radar Support with Skyradar (ALPHA).
* 1.6.10: Be more tolerant of improperly formatted PIREPs.
* 1.6.9: Enabled proper ADS-B NEXRAD rendering.
* 1.6.8: Release to fix build problem in 1.6.7.
* 1.6.7: Fix interval for Baron MobileLink GPS updates. Fixed radar map refresh problems for Baron MobileLink. Added preferences for WiFi based weather sources. Touching lat/lon in flight plan moves map to that location instead of crashing. Don’t try and download map data over weather provider wifi links. Add pirep support for all weather sources. Added lightning data display for Baron MobileLink devices.
* 1.6.6: Fix force close at startup/map update on low memory devices. Fix extended runway centerlines.
* 1.6.5: Change DTK label in Flight Plan tab to BRG (this is what we always calculated). Added experimental HSI capability. Improved keyboard handling during flight plan operations.
* 1.6.5-alpha1: Initial support for track up. Support split screen preferences mode for tablets. Still some issues with 3/4 map view and track up combined.
* 1.6.4: Fix NEXRAD overlay issues and no longer interpolates data. Tighten up the gesture centering. Fix segmenting issue with alternate flight path display.
* 1.6.3: Fix TFR Rendering Bug
* 1.6.2: Split preferences across multiple screens to make them easier to find. Fix external storage path. Add support for additional Bluetooth GPS receivers. Variety of bug fixes.
* 1.6.1: Add experimental support for native Bluetooth GPS. Added experimental VSI computation. Added direction for XTK display. Fixed bug which prevented bulk downloading of the northernmost and westernmost chart panels.
* 1.6.0: Add support for Zaon XRX Profile 1. Release Baron Mobile Link Support. Add “Live Wallpaper”. Add timer when viewing procedures. When user waypoints overlap on scales >= 2.0, don’t print the overlapping labels. Don’t close pilot briefing screen unless pilot phone number is in proper format. Save Briefing provided destination and departure do not change. Properly show Map/Find buttons in Detail view. Properly hide/show list/”no airports” label. Display Dep/Dest elevation in feet on FlightPad. When in “track me” show actual course and distance from present position, not just actual distance. Expand eastern boundaries of states to make sure data is pre downloaded over water.
* 1.5.8: Allow creating user waypoint from address using long press in InfoBox. Allow insert/append to flight plan to work for address searches by long pressing on InfoBox. Don’t offer weather for addresses (thanks Dale!). Fixed jpeg recompression avoidance pragmas (broke with move to tile sets for high resolution images); only affects downloads over data connection on some carriers. Fix X Plane Support. When GPS info is old, put red “?” over the aircraft. Don’t let users “find” runways we don’t have info for. Add experimental “Live Wallpaper”.
* 1.5.7: Make Detail view bright during day mode and implement night mode. Improve expired/duplicate map handling. Fix a couple more rare force closes from submitted bug reports.
* 1.5.6: Allow searching for an address and showing where it is on the map (handy for finding closest airports). Fix a rare force close in airports view.
* 1.5.5: Add ability to receive flight briefings and to file flight plans using DUATS from within FlightPad (Experimental – please e-mail us with comments on the briefing/filing capability). Allow inserting/appending/deleting user waypoints when viewing sectional chart. Fix a few rare force closes reported through Google Play.
* 1.5.4: Airport information overlay displays statute miles when appropriate. Fixed bug which caused crash if the GPS gave location information but no altitude information. Fixed problems with Google in app purchasing on 4.0 and later.
* 1.5.3: From scratchpad, when viewing a chart, don’t lose settings. For users with slow downloads, offer EXPERIMENTAL support for alternate download location and offer switch. Prevent weather messages from piling up. Support X-Plane as data source (see our website for tutorial). If a google play purchase fails, replay the transactions from the server.
* 1.5.2: Don’t display “your app is out of date” over and over and over again. Added an “About” menu option to display the version of the app currently installed. Changing winds aloft altitude refreshes display immediately. Display METARs and TAFs on airport details page. Sort the list of plates alphabetically (but make sure the AFD entry is always first).
* 1.5.1: Fixed bug which caused crash on start up on fresh installs
* 1.5.0: Support for Google Play. Support tile sets in future map downloads.
* 1.4.28: Release Candidate 7: Map zooms in on double-tap. Switching map types no longer makes the plane icon disappear for a while. Weather won’t try and update when there is no network connection. Don’t redisplay subscription type every five minutes. Fix some code paths which caused tmp files to be left on download failures. Don’t break parsing TFRs which don’t have decimal points in the times.
* 1.4.27: Release Candidate 6: Fix errors in recovery code that caused problems with TFR and some other downloads.
* 1.4.26: Release Candidate 5: Fixed crash drawing TFRs w/ hardware acceleration. When TFRs are not yet present, say they’re downloading not really, really, old. If TFRs are older than 120 minutes, state their age in hours. If they’re more than 48 hours old, use days. When a file download fails due to a Socket Timeout, try to restart the download from wherever it left off instead of starting over.
* 1.4.25: Release Candidate 4: Support new TAF ADDS format. Support TFR overlay. Support airport comments (4/5/2012 data cycle). Drop down for plate history on pre-Honeycomb now resets properly after a plate is selected. Selecting an already-showing plate for display (in split screen mode) no longer puts a duplicate entry on the fragment back stack. Major performance improvements in map scrolling.
* 1.4.24: Release Candidate 3: Display zoom buttons for plates properly. New version dialog can now open a web browser for getting a new version. Fixed bugs in flight plan parsing. Winds aloft works again.
* 1.4.23: Release Candidate 2: Better understanding of airways.
* 1.4.22: Release Candidate 1: Internet nexrad now displays how old the data is (or “downloading” if the data is incomplete). Added a timer to force a screen redraw every 30s.
* 1.4.21: Beta #14 Change preference for alternate SD path to an entry box so we can support any location. Fix crash returning to map view when not using split screen mode. Fix memory leaks in split screen mode which affected multipage plate views. Improve baro setting input.
* 1.4.20: Beta #13 Fix flightpad issues (a few still to go). Allow more flexible routes, e.g. “V321 GAD” instead of just “V321.GAD”. Allow muting of waypoints in airways where there is no course change.
* 1.4.19: Beta #12 Baro Altimeter option, various map fixes, more work towards Baron support.
* 1.4.18: Beta #11 Fix weather / layers tabs issues, make extended centerlines less obnoxious.
* 1.4.17: Beta #10 Fix crash around the edges of maps.
* 1.4.16: Beta #9 Ice Cream Sandwich UI improvements. Night mode for FlightPad. Add optional compass rose under layers. Add compass red “ball”. Improved runway extensions. Detect need for subscription reset.
* 1.4.15: Beta #8 Fixes for Xoom with unusual screen arrangements.
* 1.4.14: Beta #7 Fixed more back button and Done button behavior.
* 1.4.13: Beta #6 Fixed back button behavior when split screen is not used (broke in 1.4.12).
* 1.4.12: Beta #5 Attempt to fix Kindle crash. Extend timeout delay to try to reduce “socket timeout” problems for some customers.
* 1.4.11: Beta #4 ScratchPad wasn’t remembering settings after switch to fragment. Fixed now!
* 1.4.10: Beta #3 for AviationMaps 1.5: Improved alternate path support. Better handling of download timeouts.
* 1.4.9: Beta #2 for AviationMaps 1.5: Make Split Screen available on all devices if user chooses. EXPERIMENTAL alternate path support.
* 1.4.8: Beta #1 for AviationMaps 1.5 (Split Screen).
* 1.4.7: Amazon Market Support (removed from Amazon Market after trial period).
* 1.4.6: Support new ADDS TAF/METAR format.
* 1.4.5: Removed debug code which forced a static heading and speed.
* 1.4.4: Keep phone from sleeping during updates. Record WiFi state in download log for better diagnostic. Various bug fixes (thanks to bug reporters!). Add content-size checking for database downloads to prevent some types of corruption. Fix bug which prevented ETA from changing font size. Menu/Action Bar for main screen now changes night/day icon properly when night/day is changed while looking at an approach plate.
* 1.4.3: Add zoom buttons to Plate Viewer if enabled. Allow hiding web area if accidentally opens (e.g. in flight with transient network connection). Fix Xoom tapping for airports offset. Save flight plan when paused. Add user preferences for the font size used to display location on the moving map and for statute mile units vs nautical mile units. Added a night mode which dims sectionals and inverts IFR charts and plates. Changed icon which recenters on current GPS location from a compass to a plane. Support multipage afd entries and fix downloading individual afd entries.
* 1.4.2: Work around bug in Honeycomb core OS when hardware acceleration is enabled.
* 1.4.1: Show that users can tap on airport for more info. Make AirportList be capable of downloading. Sanity check downloads to make sure they are proper files. Fix ScratchPad force close. Fix “Direct To” functionality from airport list. Retry downloads of fpk if need be (should reduce transient download errors).
* 1.4.0: Huge performance increases in downloads and much smaller space requirements for IFR procedures. Switch to built in browser for plates. Expanded state boundaries to include Canada, Mexico, the Bahamas, and ocean regions to ensure all map data can be bulk downloaded. Chart out of date banner didn’t handle TACs and AFD not being selected for download properly.
* 1.3.24: Eliminate flashing during gesture scaling events.
* 1.3.24: Change all references to headings and bearings to be 3 digits. Fix METARs and winds. Add exit confirmation.
* 1.3.23: Add “Nearest Airports” app shortcut to allow quick access to airport list. Use HTTP headers to avoid proxy caching for jpegs because some carriers recompress jpegs, causing our checks to fail as the files have changed (grrr). Add better error handling for some exception cases. Some types of download failures caused temporary files to build up; remove them when Update Charts is selected.
* 1.3.22: Fix some downloading bugs and add more downloading debugging to diagnose some remaining download problems a few users are having.
* 1.3.21: Download log includes more information for better debugging. Fixed single touch location for Honeycomb to find the proper map location.
* 1.3.20: Support TACs. Detect newer databases and suggest updating application. Back button now cancels panel and chart downloads. Download and download log improvements. Download log now includes size of downloaded content as well as content type mismatches. Minor UI improvements.
* 1.3.19: Easternmost and southernmost chart panels were being stretched to have the same number of pixels as the rest of the panels; this was most noticeable around the edges of Alaska. When plate and panel downloads fail, we now present a dialog box allowing the user to view the download log or email it to support.
* 1.3.18: Fix force close that has been hard to get reports for! Add test code for runway centerlines.
* 1.3.17: Warn when breadcrumbs file is really big (and thus makes system really slow). Fix runway finder in scratchpad, including colors.
* 1.3.16: Fix flightpad color scheme for ATIS, etc. on Xoom. Make timeout longer on downloads.
* 1.3.15: Avoid loop where we constantly ask people to update states. Fix Progress Dialog. Check in background for full download success. Allow “Undo” in Scribbles page. Add “mini-E6B” to enroute section for winds/altitude/TAS calculation. Officially acknowledge we don’t support 1.5/1.6 anymore. Refresh layers when new cookie arrives. Fix bug which could cause panels to be corrupted during on-demand downloads.
* 1.3.14: Fix inability to select enroute waypoints for addition to flightplan
* 1.3.13: Add search and rescue functions (added like airways, requires option in preferences be enabled). Allow adding GPS locations to flight plan (“lat,lon” format).
* 1.3.12: Make application behave properly on devices with no GPS. Add “DirectTo” option in airport detail view (if track me enabled/synced).
* 1.3.11: Fix AFD launch from FlightPad. Show bearing/distance to things when tapped on and in track me mode. Add squawk and clearance limit to flightpad enroute. Add 3/4 screen mode to preferences.
* 1.3.10: Display Expiration Date. Fix force close issue affecting new users. Add tutorial (See Menu > Help). Better “walking through” of initial experience and updates.
* 1.3.9: Honeycomb optimizations. Fix force close.
* 1.3.8: Work around bug in Android 2.1 causing force close.
* 1.3.7: Make “table spinner” easier on all sizes of devices (tablets to phone). Change breadcrumb color to dark when overlaid on enroutes. Remember which tab was last selected in flight pad.
* 1.3.6: Fix Windsock computation in flightpad. Allow searching water runways option.
* 1.3.5: Add “FlightPad” through the nav button in upper left hand corner. Please email us with your input. Weather uses new FAA URL. Better robustness against databases that are not appropriate for new rev of software. Put files in subdirectories to keep disk from having too many files in a directory (Fixes force close).
* 1.3.4: Brighten + and Trash buttons in flight plan on newer Androids. Tell Android Market we can still work on non-telephony devices. Allow entry of multiple waypoints (separated by ; or space) in flight plan
* 1.3.3: Include AWOS in Airport Detail and allow tap to dial if AWOS has phone number. Fix force close.
* 1.3.2: Invert plane color when on enroute charts for better visibility. Suggest database update for those with only *slightly* old but invalid data for new version (fixes force close).
* 1.3.1: Bug fix release.
* 1.3.0: By overwhelming request, stitched sectionals. Make entire row clickable (user request) for procedures and finder. Change chart navigation and quick references to match Xoom and remove title. Make border caching optional.
* 1.2.17: Force garbage collection of process at exit or back button on main process (reduces memory particularly when exiting and reentering the app).
* 1.2.16: More efforts to try to constrain memory footprint on smaller devices, including new option to sacrifice map quality for memory footprint (on by default).
* 1.2.15: Allow enter key in flight plan to finish adding waypoint. Add preference for hardware based acceleration — quality seems to vary from device to device. Fix poll responses on Xoom’s / Honeycomb. Try to reduce memory earlier on low memory devices.
* 1.2.14: Broad map performance increases and try to scale thread and memory count both up to faster devices and down to slower devices.
* 1.2.13: Make support pinch to zoom and zoom buttons preferences where applicable (user request). Fix force close on older androids (thanks for bug report!).
* 1.2.12: Performance improvements. Fix force close. Fix winds below terrain level. Fix Xoom keyboard. For Honeycomb, move map selection to action bar and include list of PDFs recently viewed.
* 1.2.11: Add user poll feature. Major performance improvements (especially on enroutes) and minor UI tweaks (e.g. back button now closes FlightPlan and Layers tabs)
* 1.2.10: Make chart selection first layer in Layers tab and fix force close with empty data.
* 1.2.9: Bug fix release.
* 1.2.8: Fix metars and some force closes. Add stripes to the runways and charts lists for improved readability. Airway performance improvements. Make some buttons in detail view bigger on tablets.
* 1.2.7: Database update required (for new fields). Only select airports in enroutes that are on the screen. Allow tapping of waypoints for more info and adding both waypoints and airports to flight plan via long press. Significantly improved pinch to zoom; it’s quite useable now.
* 1.2.6: Fix last remaining known force closes in 1.2.4/1.2.5 (thanks again for updated bug reports!)
* 1.2.5: Fix several force closes on weather and startup (thanks for bug reports!)
* 1.2.4: *Experimental* support for arrivals and transitions. Alaska low altitudes. Improve button access to weather. Add “Direct-To” from airport details. Fix force close in flight plan. Major Honeycomb improvements for those with Xoom’s etc. Doh! Get pinch zoom back on 2.2+, hopefully not breaking 2.1 again…
* 1.2.3: Fix force close on Android 2.1 devices. Improvements on Weather details on high res devices.
* 1.2.2: Add pinch to zoom (multiple user requests).
* 1.2.1: Rebuild executable in attempt to fix force close on certain devices.
* 1.2.0: Preferences now has separate screens for state and imagery configuration. Added low and high altitude enroute charts for continental United States. Include communication information. Tapping an airport information flag now brings up detailed information about the airport. Map information flags can now be cleared by tapping anywhere on the map. When on something in the flight plan, highlight it. Show frequencies for NavAids where appropriate. Fix reported force close (please report crashes!) Extremely limited support for Canadian airports.
* 1.1.2: Enforce screen orientation in all screens properly (customer request). Improved scaling quality. Make Flight Plans available offline.
* 1.1.1: Create directories if they don’t exist already (oops!).
* 1.1.0: Integrate RunwayScout (Find) and QuickWeather detail view, creating a single application. No need for separate download. Extreme search improvements, including ability to add search to “Quick Search Box” widget. Requires airports db update. More framework towards supporting low altitude enroutes which should be in the next major release.
* 1.0.27: Changed search behavior to match android standard. Search now finds VORs and intersections as well as airports. Beginning framework to support more chart types.
* 1.0.26: Additional accuracy improvement for newly updated sectionals.
* 1.0.25: Improve accuracy of updated sectionals and improve update code in case of partial update.
* 1.0.24: After much user demand, and with much head banging on table, add support for user waypoints. Happy New Year!
* 1.0.23: Much better airport selection thanks to chart boundary contribution by Jared Hammond. If airport info showing, hide info when back button is pressed (customer suggestion).
* 1.0.22: Fix San Antonio Sectional (customer request — select “update charts”).
* 1.0.21: Add the elusive extra zoom levels (customer request by *lots* of customers).
* 1.0.20: Reduce number of displayed crumbs to just previous hour to prevent overloading some phones. Fix METAR force close. Fix Radar related force close. (Thanks to customers who reported force close and freeze).
* 1.0.19: Fix glitch in which at full zoom scrolling east didn’t always move to the correct chart (Customer Request).
* 1.0.18: Hide images from gallery (requires reboot of application to take effect).
* 1.0.17: Fix force close on phones that require READ_PHONE_STATE permission. Thanks to Bob Hansen for finding this.
* 1.0.16: Fix force close when running out of memory performing new title technique.
* 1.0.15: Make adding waypoints case insensitive. Add new flight plan menu (when flight plan tab is open). Make size of airplane adjustable. Translucent sectional title. Compress weather data
* 1.0.14: Minor metar layout fix. Fix sequencing error. Make searching more logical. Keep screen on but dimmed by default and make it configurable through preferences. Auto pick first segment when tracking enabled. Optionally lock display mode.
* 1.0.13: Add Winds Aloft layer. Correct displayed heading for magnetic declination (thanks to Chris Fennel, for noticing this).
* 1.0.12: Add METARs layer. Prompt to install RunwayScout (Find) more clearly at startup if need be.
* 1.0.11: Add support for “breadcrumbs”, visually bringing in the functionality from SkyTracker (you no longer need to run SkyTracker — all that functionality supported in app).
* 1.0.10: Add support for SIGMETs and AIRMETs and move Radar to new “Layers” tab.
* 1.0.9: Display altitude when tracking. Add “nearest” function. Fade full-time buttons for better chart viewing. Experimental ‘Activate Leg’ support (long press waypoint in Flight Plan Tab)
* 1.0.8: Minor UI improvements. Fix several force closes related to older RunwayScout (Find) or old databases.
* 1.0.7: Gracefully handle lack of RunwayScout (Find). Add Victor Airways. Add Direct-To.
* 1.0.6: Experimental flight planning support.
* 1.0.5: Fix flashy map when tracking near border and performance improvements.
* 1.0.4: Display size fixes. Link to RunwayScout (Find) data
* 1.0.3: Galaxy Tab support and experimental NEXRAD radar.
* 1.0.2: Fix Fairbanks Sectional and adjust zoom buttons.
* 1.0.1: Create “exit” menu option (Customer Request) and don’t start downloads without cookie.
* 1.0.0: Initial Release, 2010-11-03.