HOME Forums 3rd Party Devices, i.e ADSB Lynx NGT-9000 (maybe more)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  skitheo 1 year, 2 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

skitheo
    Participant

Looks like you can connect to a L-3 Lynx by configuring DroidEFB to connect to the Lynx SSID as a SkyRadar device. GPS works immediately, once you select it as the GPS source. TIS-B and METARS seem to display correctly. Haven’t seen AIRMETS and TFRs displayed yet.

YMMV.
    Theo

skitheo
    Participant

SkyRadar emulation seemed to work with the Wifi device for the NGT set to broadcast on port 43211. When I changed the broadcast port number to 4000, the Stratux profile seemed to work better.

skitheo
    Participant

Further testing shows that with the Wifi broadcast port set to 4000, the Stratux setting is the only one that recognizes GPS and ADS-B data from the Lynx.

skitheo
    Participant

Using the Stratux setting, the data feed seems to drop out fairly frequently.

rotoiti
    Keymaster

I do not have a Lynx but I am using stratux and my feed (gps and both radios) is stable. Maybe Lynx is using some non standard message formats that throws off DroidEFB?

skitheo
    Participant

My understanding from Avidyne, Piper, and other forums, the “standard” is subject to substantial interpretation. Thus, my IFD-540 reports “Traffic Sensor Error” whenever I’m near Class C/B airspace due to the data overload coming from the NGT-9000. http://forums.avidyne.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=849&PID=11717&SID=18629157afc9a4ab64zbfdz7ecefd5428240741&title=connecting-with-an-ngt-9000#11717

skitheo
    Participant

Any progress on Lynx or Avidyne IFD data exchange capability? Avidyne has released v10.2 which largely expands it’s data interchange capabilities.

Paul
    Keymaster

Apologies for the continued delay. We are ramping up in preparation for several significant updates in the near future.

skitheo
    Participant

Thank you. I see there is a reference to “Beta Lynx ADSB support” in 2.3.1, but do not see it in the Preferences as an option. Am I missing something?

• This reply was modified 1 year, 2 months ago by  skitheo. Reason: add email notification
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.